Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Spring Fling

Is anyone else finding this spring excessively hot? These high 20/low 30 days are getting to this pregnant gal, and I feel a little slow. I'm scared to see what July brings!

The warm weather hasn't stopped Daddy and A. They've been out biking...



And picking the radishes from the garden...



Our peas seem to have been eaten by the rabbits, but the tomatoes, peppers, squash and carrots are growing well.

I heard awful news yesterday that we may have lost up to 90% of our tender fruit in Ontario, due to the late spring frost. No local apples this year?? Sob!

What's growing well in your garden this spring?

2 comments:

  1. In our lettuce garden: Swiss chard (barely growing), escarole (doing pretty well), kohlrabi (has shaken off a bug attack and now is going gangbusters), spinach (melting away into nothing).

    Love the pics of A!

    Kate and Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Escarole....fun!! yes, I think this heat is having a huge impact on all of the lettuce family :)

      Delete

I love comments and emails, as most bloggers do! You can reach me by clicking on my "about me" page and sending me an email, or leave me a note below a post and I'll be sure to get back to you!