Friday, November 29, 2013
25 Days of Christmas
I love this holiday tradition, started by Andrea from A Peek Inside the Fishbowl. This is like an advent calendar, but instead of eating chocolate, you get to do a fun activity each day (and by the way, we of COURSE have our regular chocolate advent calendar - Fair Trade! The girls were also given 2 other advent calendars by our cousin, so I think the whole family will enjoy a daily dose of chocolate this holiday season).
This is a bit tougher for me, as I'm not home with the girls all day. We'll have to sneak in some small activities during the week, and bigger activities on the weekend.
So here we go...
1. Decorate for Christmas
2. Read "Yes Virginia, There is a Santa Claus"
3. Write a letter to Santa
4. Movie Night!
5. Listen to Christmas songs
6. Holiday Mini Lights Session
7. Make Christmas cookies
8. Tobogganing (if there's snow!)
9. Christmas craft
10. Make our charitable donation to Plan Canada
11. Make a paper snowflake
12. Make a Christmas tree ornament
13. Visit to Cumberland Heritage Village
14. Annual Stacey-Pratt Christmas Chocolate Making
15.Visit the Ottawa Farmer's Market Christmas Market
16. Wrap some gifts
17. Paint a homemade Christmas card
18. Sing some carols
19. Make hot cocoa and a bowl of popcorn
20. Christmas dinner out with friends!
21. Go and cut down our Christmas tree! Decorate tree.
22. Christmas potluck with good friends
23. Family arrives. Share an eggnog (mixed with rum for the older kiddies?)
24. Prepare snacks for Santa and the reindeer; Christmas Eve service at church
25. Celebrate family, love, happiness and peace
Posted by Misty Pratt at 11:46 AM