Monday, June 20, 2011

A Day at the Races

A is not too sure of things at first

Cheering for Grandpa as he races by

My brother attempting to keep my Dad cool while they wait for the start

My Dad - Racer Extraordinaire
Every year on Father's Day weekend VARAC (Vintage Automobile Racing Association of Canada) holds the International Vintage Racing Festival at Mosport. Mosport Raceway is a course located north of Bowmanville, and has been around for over 40 years, welcoming cars from Formula One, Indy, Can-Am, Stock and many, many more.

Even though we're not watching Formula One, this is still exciting racing! This was A's first time joining her "boompah" (as she likes to call him), not counting the races I watched while she kicked away in my belly. She seemed overwhelmed by the noises of the cars at first, but soon became totally comfortable, and cheered her boompah on at the sidelines.

Given her obessession with all things mechanical, we are speculating that we have a female driver in the making...I think a Mini Cooper S would suit her quite well!

Happy Father's Day Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and emails, as most bloggers do! You can reach me by clicking on my "about me" page and sending me an email, or leave me a note below a post and I'll be sure to get back to you!